A lot has changed in the 23 years since Courtney Doyle and her husband tied the knot and officially made Norfolk, Virginia, their home. Our city’s become more vibrant, more diverse, and more progressive. But, Courtney knows, there’s still more left to do to make our city even better.
That’s why she’s running for City Council in Ward 2, and why she’s working hard to earn your confidence and your vote on May 1st, 2018.
Through her time on the Norfolk School Board, the West Ghent Civic League, and the Norfolk Recreation Parks and Open Space Commission, Courtney has volunteered her time and talent to make our city one she and we can be proud of. If elected, she’ll lean on these experiences to listen to and advocate for Norfolk residents, businesses, and families; while remaining ever-accessible, transparent, and dedicated to doing what she says she’s going to do.
Courtney is a dedicated civic volunteer and employee – she has been with Sentara Healthcare for almost 20 years, currently serving as the Director of Customer Development and Marketing. She spends her time off the clock grilling out in her backyard with her husband, two step-sons Patrick and Brendan and their dog Maverick. She also loves snagging brunch and the occasional mimosa on Colley Avenue, meeting up downtown with her book club friends, sharing in the community of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, or giving her shoes a workout.
Some highlights from her civic and volunteer activities include:
- Member, Norfolk School Board (2013-Present)
- Commissioner, Norfolk Recreation Parks and Open Space Commission (2009-2013)
- President, Vice President, Past President, West Ghent Civic League (2001-2007)
- Member, West Ghent Civic League (2001-present)
- Board Member, American Heart Association (2000-2004)
- Member, Young Leadership Society, United Way of South Hampton Roads (2003-2005)
- Committee Member, St. Jude’s Dream Home Committee (2000-2001)
- Volunteer, Chrysler Museum of Art (1995-1997)
And her education includes:
- Master of Business Administration, Old Dominion University, August 1997
- BA in Government and Politics, University of Maryland, 1987
For a full list of city leaders, business owners, organizations, and others that have lent their support to Courtney’s campaign, visit the endorsements page.